Tuesday, March 12, 2013

News travels quickly en el campo!

Sitting on the front porch, having coffee and trying to plan out the day.  Just now, some of the locals ... don't know what these ladies do, but they get off the bus and walk up the hill just after 9 each morning ... and they stopped and asked how my Scorpion sting was doing!  I am relatively certain they don't read this blog, but they heard about it somewhere!

Yesterday afternoon, decided to go to town to deal (yet again) with a small double charge that happened at PeriMercado on the 1st.  Stopped off at Copebolivar, paid the water bill (around $5), recharged my cell phone and headed down.  Dropped Roy @ Steve & Brenda's to deal with a Windows 8 issue, grabbed Brenda and off we went.

First Stop:  PeriMercado.  Now, I've been dealing with this since last Wednesday, when they said they would email the bank and have them reverse the charge ... supposedly to be completed in 3 days.  It wasn't. Spoke w/Rosemary (again), who has great English skills, and explained that it still wasn't fixed.  She contacted the lady in the office, who said she would send another email to BancoNational.

Next Stop:  BancoNational.  Needed to get money and make a deposit, plus they told me last week that, if PeriMercado didn't handle the situation timely, I should go to "la Plataforma" ... one of the desks, not a teller window (caja).  So, took a number for each and waited ... and waited ... and waited.  I should know better by now than to go to the bank on a Monday!  Eventually, my number was announced for la plataforma and I got Marvin ... I am sure Javier (who opened our accounts) was glad it wasn't him, although he smiled, waved and said HI.  Marvin doesn't have English, so he found a gal who did, I explained the situation ... again ... and she said that if I got a note from Peri, they could reverse the charge.  I had the bank call Peri and explain what they wanted, so off to Peri again.

Next Stop:  PeriMercado.  Walked in and waited, and waited, and waited for the "note".  Waited about 1/2 hour.  Finally got the note.

Next Stop:  BancoNational.  The hour is 3:47, as I waited sooooo long @ Peri.  They close @ 3:45 ... the bank is still full of people, you can get out, just not IN!  Tried to talk the security guy into letting me in to see Marvin, he went inside and checked ... twice ... and came back and explained that either I could come back tomorrow or go to the other branch ... way the hell and gone out toward the Autopista ... that was open till 7.  Sigh. I took a look at the "note" and noticed that they had dropped a digit, making 11,162 colones into 1,116 colones ... not acceptable to ME.

Next Stop:  PeriMercado.  As we enter, Rosemary visibly cringes.  Bear in mind, despite all the bu11 $hit, I've been VERY patient up to this point, but I think she realized that that patience had now worn not just thin, but through.  I handed her the "note" and asked her to read it back to me in English ... which she did ... till I pointed out the error.  The manager, who wrote the note, was standing right there was very embarrassed and immediately hustled off to re-do the "note".  While waiting for the revised document, I sorta let Rosemary "have it" ... in a nice way.  I know it isn't her fault, but someone had to feel my angst!  

So, long story long ... I still don't have my 11,162 colones ($22.44) and yet another trip to town is in the offing.  Never dull!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see the update, take care of yourselves, take proper rest so you don't have any set backs in your progress! Excited to see your progress. Happy you are both well and kitties too! Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete