Monday, March 11, 2013

El dia del escorpión!

Yesterday morning, our friend Steve called and said he and Brenda were going to Grecia to play in the park for a water conservation benefit.  Sounded like a good thing to do on a beautiful Sunday morning, so we got ready to pick them up on the way down the hill, even though they said they would take a taxi.  Picked up my purse and then ... have any of you ever been stung by a Scorpion?

Don't!  Hurts like hell!  Scares you half to death.  Sucker nailed me on my left index finger!  I'd rather be stung by a fire ant!   So (after flattening the culprit), weak kneed and shaking (me, not Roy), Roy hustles me to our neighbor Clarissia's house for First Aid, which consisted of a good calming down.  They suggested Vodka ... told them we had Gin, no Vodka, but they insisted that Vodka was the thing.  Never did figure out if it was to be used topically or internally, but whatever, we didn't have any anyhow.

Having decided that I would live, we headed down the hill, now late, to pick up Steve & Brenda.  Piled in the Suzuki with guitar & mandolin plus all of us and off we went.  Fortunately, found a parking spot right on the park ... rarely happens on a Sunday, but we DID have Roy and his amazing parking karma so there IS that!  The Farmacia (fortunately and unusually open on a Sunday) provided me with a couple of big time anti-inflammatory pills & six pain + anti-inflammatory pills with verbal instructions as to their dosage.  Grabbed a glass of water @ BurgerKing, ate a couple of pills and headed into the park, where Steve & Brenda were already drawing a crowd.  Here are a couple of shots:


This young man had listened to them in the park around Christmas time and it made his day to have the personal concert!  

After playing for a while, we all trundled across the street to Bro, a bar & restaurant, for a few cool ones ... that cold beer bottle sure felt good on my insulted finger!  Met some new people, two of whom, Pete & Donna, are a couple ... he is a Brit, she is from the good ol' USofA ... who are moving back to Blackpool England soon.  He announced that he didn't want to take his golf clubs and said I could borrow them ... too long for me ... but he would like to sell them WITH his hard airline case for only $100!  I thought Marco could use some new clubs, so I called him and he wants them, so I get to make that happen this week.  

Then, after a brief trip to the Liquor store, we went to La Galeria and had a lovely late lunch/early dinner, then back up the hill.  

I guarantee the sleeping bags were well shaken before bed last night!  

Pura Vida,
Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment