Thursday, December 11, 2014

2014, a Recap, as I am a REALLY BAD PERSON and am totally remiss!

Yes, 2014 has come and nearly gone without a single post!  I have read so very many BAD blogs, that I didn't want to be grouped there, so ... NO, I haven't been updating!  Life is just that, life.  Nothing exotic, uber romantic or out of the unusual for life, but I promised, so here ya go, my winterbound friends!

Where to start?  I know ... January 2014!

  • January - Paid annual property taxes/garbage bill at around US$125.  Gotta love that!  Work progresses on the new "bodega" (read guestroom).  Loving Spanish classes!  
  • February - Work progresses as money ingresses.  Trip to Granada for a visa run, which is always fun ... they have *good* beef up there ... what the heck is up with that?
  • March - Lots of runs to Ferreteria Los Angeles, as work progresses.  
  • April - See above, en re Ferreteria!  Time for RITEVE, so, por supuesto, needed yet another catalytic converter for the car.  Passed it the first time though, thanks to our mechanic, Johnny, taking it in for us!
  • May - see above, en re Ferreteria!  Time for another visa run!  Marco & Mari, Roy & I hop in their car, drive to Los Chiles, Costa Rica; take a boat to San Carlos, Nicaragua, have lunch, return & drink beer.  We've been trying to do a vacation or road trip with these guys since 2006!  Had a wonderful time and saw this:  


  • June - Yes, Roy is still building! Money is tight, so we can only do what we can do!  So .... when we wait for $$ for building materials, Roy waits for nothing! He works on projects that don't require a lot of materials or $$!  Like this:  


  • July - Same ol, same ol!
  • August - Work on the guestroom progressing, my birthday (went to Los Trapiches with Steve & Brenda; this is the way they USED to make sugar), another visa run to Los Chiles/San Carlos.  


  • September - Work progresses ... gee, where have you read THAT before?  Also, I attended the CR Independence Day Parade!  
  • October - Where does the time go?

  • November - Yet another visa run, guestroom done, Mom not doing well, lots of phone calls; Thanksgiving with two turkeys in a wood fired oven and lots of friends 
  •  ; Mom doing much better

    .... lots of phone calls, and we are (read Roy is) finally able to gut the house!

  •   This is (more or less) where it is as I write, although there are MORE walls gone as of tonight and it is so bad late that I can't bring myself to take photos!   Will try to do better, but no promises!

 


4 comments:

  1. Hello from Astoria Oregon. You guys have been busy on your house. We sold our house and are renting our sons house in Lewis and Clark area, while they are in North Dakota. Can't make it to Costa Rica in 2015, to many doctor bills and other unexpected expenses, but for sure we'll spend time in CR next year. Sure do miss the Central Valley. We became empty nesters in 2014...I don't like it...at all. Miss our kids and all the grandkids. The weather here has been mild and warm, just a bit wet and no snow to speak of in the mountains. I know, I know your enjoying life in CR. Take care we'll see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...don't know why it says anonymous...it's me, Katie Fox

      Delete
  2. Kathleen, I think I know your mom. Does she have a special needs granddaughter, little Renae, 11yrs old and a little spitfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathleen,

    My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Central America/Caribbean and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete